Tuesday 7 May 2013

R.I.P Ray Harryhausen


I grew up with Ray Harryhausen movies in the 70s and it's his movies that started a lifelong love affair with cinema (especially fantasy cinema).

His last movie holds a very special place in my heart (Clash of the Titans) as it was the first movie my mum watched with me in at the cinema. One of my fave movies of his when he first started, I only have on VHS and It's Mighty Joe Young. I watched that time and time again as a kid. Christmas and Easter would not be the same if there's not a Ray Harryhausen on TV, but to date that's never been a problem as they are always on without fail.

I love each and every one of these movies and I have watched them all countless times. And I'll watch them countless more in the years to come.
R.I.P

Thank you for opening my eyes as a child to the wonders beyond imagination.




No comments:

Post a Comment